Manager - Financial Services
North Island College
- General Help / Labour
Internal / External Posting
Admin salary scale
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, Financial Services is accountable for the operations of the Finance Department including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger.
Creates a Positive Climate and Culture
Effective Communication Skills
Effectively Develops Goals & Objectives
Focuses Effectively on Key Results and Priorities
Demonstrates a Focus on Continuous Improvement
Championing and Adapting to Change
Duties and Responsibilities
1.0 FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
2.0 COLLEGE-WIDE BUDGETING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
3.0 FINANCIAL REPORTING
4.0 MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
5.0 EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
6.0 EXTERNAL LIAISON
8.0 OTHER DUTIES
Required Education & Experience
1. Completion of a recognized accounting designation (CPA); member in good standing of the professional body.
2. University Degree, preferably in a related discipline.
3. Minimum of five years related experience in a senior financial management position in a complex organization, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
4. Demonstrated effective management experience including supervision of staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication (written and oral), negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
2. Familiarity with mainframe database management and accounting systems.
3. Appropriate information literacy and computer skills, including advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of Caseware an asset.
4. A working knowledge of administration of collective agreements.
5. A demonstrated ability to deal effectively and respectfully with individuals at all levels.
6. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
7. A commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
8. Time management skills to handle dynamic, frequently changing priorities.
9. Ability to apply management concepts to a wide variety of situations.
Open Until Filled
Posting Number 101363
To apply visit careers.nic.bc.ca and click “Search Postings”.
Please come and see us at the career fair February 9, 2017 Florence Filberg Centre 411 Anderton Ave, Courtenay, BC V9N 6C6 for an onsite interviews and job details.(934585BP)
Posting Code: TJVAN
Posting Code: BPProfile
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Finance Manager Jobs
- View more General Help / Labour Jobs
- View more North Island College Jobs